How to configure BootXApp?

John Nelson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 4 20:39:01 2002

Hello all,

I've run into an interesting problem... if were using Yaboot or Lilo I
would configure the boot process through one of the conf files, run the
boot program to configure the boot process and all would be well... but
how does one configure the BootXApp (or whatever that control panel is
called) that boots old world Macs? Is everything configured directly
through the interface?

The reason I ask is that BootXApp has latched onto a root device other
than YDL's boot device and for some reason refuses to let go.  I keep
getting the infamous "try passing init= to the kernel" message when the
kernel boots.

-- John