YDL2.2: wireless networking on 7300

Chris Stephens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 5 22:15:01 2002

Hi folks,

I have a couple of 7300/180s I want to use as servers running YDL2.2.
They need to connect wirelessly to my ABS (graphite).

I am sure from what I can discern that wireless (i.e. 802.11b) support
is built into the 2.4 kernel but what does this mean in practice?

Can I buy any old PCI wireless card and expect it to work? I bet not...

What cards am I going to have success with? Is there a PCI adaptor that
will work with the Apple AirPort cards?

Is anybody doing this? Is it as reliable as it is under Mac OS X (no
reason why it shouldn't be but I have to ask :)?

TIA,

Chris

This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and
privileged.  It is intended solely for the use of the individual or
parties to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in
error please forward it to postmaster@dingoblue.com.au and delete all
copies of this message immediately. Thank you.