losing the boot option when switching startup inside OSX

Danny . yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 7 20:32:01 2002

Hello there,

First, I'd like to thank everyone that replied to the PPP issues post
I made. It is now working smoothly.

A new issue has appeared. Yesterday I was working inside OSX and
needed to run a program that would only work on OS9 running by itself
(ie not running as classic mode within OSX). To do this I choose OS9
as the startup system from within OSX preferences and then rebooted.
Note: the option to run OS9 from the bootloader selection screen
didn't work, it just put me straight into OSX regardless.

The problem that occurred was this: I lost the bootloader screen that
gave me the option to choose to load linux rather than macos. This
meant that everytime I rebooted I was put straight into OSX (or 9
depending on what was chosen in apple system prefs) and had no option
to start yd. The only way I managed to get the bootloader back was to
run the ydl install cd again.

I often have to choose to OS 9 as the startup system and I don't wish
to reinstall everytime I want to get back into linux.

Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone have a general idea of
what is going on?

Best Regards,

Danny