KDE has problems at first login

Jay Savage yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 7 20:04:01 2002

I've had much the same problems--including kicker strangness and some oth=
er=20
issues I posted earlier--but with KDE 3.0 on a B & W G3.  I thought they =
were=20
3.0 issues.  But since KDE 2.2 seemed stable under YDL 2.1, i beginning t=
o=20
wonder if the real culprit might not be the XFree86 version that shipped =
with=20
YDL 2.2.

--jay

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 09:18, William Carty wrote:
continue, using the null
> > =09output device.
> >
> > Logging out and back in solves this problem.
>
> [...]
>
> Had a similar sound problem - same error, but didn't happen quite as yo=
> describe.  Anyway, I found that if I did a 'cat /dev/sndstat' it would =
fix
> the problem.  I simply added that command to my rc.local & forgot about=
 it.
> Sound has worked flawlessly since then.  May be worth a shot for you, t=
oo.

> Not sure about the kicker problem.

--=20