Formatting linux partition

Eric D. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 8 16:20:01 2002

on 8/5/02 17:14, Michael Baer at ydl@mikesoffice.com wrote:

> You'll need to use pdisk to edit the partition map and change that
> partition's type to Apple_HFS (this will probably involve deleting
> that partition and creating a new one in it's place of the right type)
> and then boot into Mac OS and click yes when it asks to format the
> partition.
>
> BUT, fair warning, you need to be careful with pdisk. If you mess up
> the partition map, you can hose the entire disk and lose all your
> data.
>
> Mike

Is there a version of pdisk for OS X/OS 9 or do I have to boot into the
Linux CD somehow?

(I have the important files on my disks backed up... I just don't want to
have to re-install 8 GB worth of crap (which is why I'm not keen on
reformatting the HD (I'll sacrifice the 1.5 GB for the sake of peace of
mind))).