Formatting linux partition

Michael Baer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 8 15:15:00 2002

    Eric> Hello ya'll, is there any way to get a formerly linux
    Eric> partition reformatted as HFS?

You'll need to use pdisk to edit the partition map and change that
partition's type to Apple_HFS (this will probably involve deleting
that partition and creating a new one in it's place of the right type)
and then boot into Mac OS and click yes when it asks to format the
partition.

BUT, fair warning, you need to be careful with pdisk. If you mess up
the partition map, you can hose the entire disk and lose all your
data.

Mike