Installing YDL 2.2 and other upgrade woes...

John Nelson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 8 21:53:01 2002

Hello all,

I've run into some problems trying to upgrade YDL 2.1.  No it isn't the
update site timing out on me.  We all know you just have to be persistant
and patient.  No, the problem is that when I finally do get the (long)
list of pakages about to be installed, YUP spits out an error to the
effect of:

[error] unresolvable dependencies
EOEFsomething something

(Sorry about the lack of specifics)

...and then YUP just quits.  YUP seems pretty fragile and easy to trip up
on dependencies.  So is there some way for me to freshen up the dependency
database or tell YUP to just force upgrade my installation?  It really
should not be this difficult.

-- John