Nvidia support

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 10 08:41:00 2002

On Friday 10 May 2002 03:48 am, Bruno Mery wrote:
> I am also unable to get the 'nv' driver working correctly.

It's possible alot of the problems you all are having is that the Mac car=
ds=20
don't have the same support for graphics features the PC versions have -
simply put, the Mac versions are dumbed down. Even the newest Geforce 4 i=
n the=20
high end Macs are really just Geforce 2's - if you go to a compusa or wha=
t=20
have you, You'll see what I mean, you can buy a Geforce 4 for a $100.00 o=
r=20
so, but it's not a real one, it's just a made over Geforce2 chipset with=20
substantially downgraded features from even a Geforce 2 ti.

THe NV driver set is most likely set up to take advantage of the chipset =
for=20
the PC version cards and cannot really "see" your cards.

Thank Apple for that one.
--=20
 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services