Nvidia support

Bruno Mery yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 10 02:49:01 2002

I am also unable to get the 'nv' driver working correctly.

I use a 867 Quicksilver with GeForce2 MX (rev. 161 or a1, wich is
correct according to the hardware page),
and 17" CRT Studio Display via the ADC port. The 'fbdev' drivers
generates a buggy color map wich renders
the interface unusable (black text on black background), and 'nv'
produces no output at all.

I'm guessing there could be video output through the VGA port, but it
seems unlikely and I don't know of any
way to test this short of buying a VGA display. Moreover, the
'FlatPanel' option (wich was supposed to force
the output to ADC among other things, I guess) don't change anything.
It could also be a hardware problem with the quicksilver itself (wich
has forced me to install under the
2.2 Kernel). Or that the display modes are not properly configured, but
I doubt it (no error messages).

Has anyone managed to get X working under those conditions? even 800*600
in 15 bits would be nice...
Thanks.