Nvidia support

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 10 14:20:00 2002

On Friday 10 May 2002 02:30 pm, Timothy A. Seufert wrote:
> Nonsense, the Mac versions are identical.

No they're not - go ahead and zap the card bios and load on it on a pc an=
d see=20
what happens - it's common knowlege that they cannot produce the same 3d=20
effects that the PC versions can - my Geforce 2 ti on RH linux with dual =
866=20
P3's smokes the latest and greatest of Apple's offerings with their so ca=
lled=20
geforce4 card, absolutely smokes it, and it does it 32 bpp. Unlike the Vo=
odoo=20
2 and 3 cards, you cannot flash the bios of an Nvidia and have it run on =
a=20
Mac and vise-versa, as I can with a voodoo5 card.

>The only fly in the ointment is that they've=20
>had to delay shipping their GeForce 4 card for some reason (logically=20
>this is probably NVidia's fault, since Apple doesn't design OEM video=20
>cards, they give the OEM the specs they want and let 'em rip).

How so? I can buy the PC version, it's been out a long while.

>Robert, you really need to stop this stupid "blame Apple for=20
>absolutely everything" BS that you like to push on this mailing list=20
>whenever you can.  I realize that you're bitter that Apple didn't=20
>ulfill your every desire, but it gets old.

Actually, what gets old is Apple users blaming everyone else for Apple's =
short=20
commings - being an Apple apologist is simply buring one's head in the sa=
nd.

--=20
 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services