Titanium 550Mhz on 8 bits, 24-32 possible?

Carlos Pereira yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 10 15:17:01 2002

Sorry if this looks inapropriate...

I am running Yellow Dog 2.2 on a 550MhZ Titanium G4 laptop

Currently the X server runs 1158x768 with 8 bits only,
the card is recognised as ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY

Can I run the same resolution with 24-32 bits? no
chance so far. Does any of the engineering notes below
apply for my case? If the answer is yes, shall I run
Xconfigurator immediately afterwards?

is there any danger of damaging the laptop
monitor with these specific commands?

------------------------------
LCD monitor with a Cube or G4:
At the yaboot prompt (after you have chosen "L" for Linux):

linux video=aty128fb:vmode:14 [ENTER]
(you may also try 'linux novideo')
------------------------------
Quicksilver G4 with Radeon 7500/9500:
At the yaboot prompt (after you have chosen "L" for Linux):

linux video=radeon:1024x768-8@60 hcd=ide-scsi [ENTER]

1024x768 is not the standard resolution for a Titanium...

shall I add this line:
             VideoRam 8192
in the section "Device", as suggested by someone else
for Red Hat 7.2 (apparently with the same card in Intel
hardware)?

Many thanks,
Carlos