Sound Issues

ashoxx ashoxx yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 10 23:35:01 2002

>From: Shawn Dunn <sfalken@citlink.net>
>To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
>Subject: Re: Sound Issues
>Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 18:22:44 -0700
>
>On Fri, 10 May 2002 21:08:39 -0400
>thrivinginwalla@netscape.net wrote:
>
> > I am able to get sound in KDE to work, but my super-small speaker on the
>front of my tower still puts out sound when there is an audio out cable
>attached. This has never happened with any electronics I've ever seen
>(certainly not under Mac OS on my computer). Usually the built-in speaker
>cuts out when I plu
g my mac into my stereo. I've fiddled with the sound server settings for
quite a while now, but there is always this extra tinny sound comming from
that speaker...any ideas?

> > Thanks so much.
> >

>	Well, if push comes to shove, crack the case open and disconnect the
>speaker  =]
>
>			--Shawn

First time respoding so not quite sure if its this easy.

When first installing YDL I've had the same problems.

Open your favorite mixer (aumix, kmix), turn the speaker option off, turn
the line up. This should resolve any issues your having with the internal
speaker.

P.S. If your getting a wierd screech, tone down the cd option.

There you go m8,

AfterShoxX