TiBook 800

Tim Conkling yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 11 13:41:00 2002

on 5/11/02 2:49 PM, John Brier at johnbrier@mac.com reportedly stated:

> Try running Xconfigurator from command line. Try different settings.
> Maybe one combination will work.
>
> On Friday, May 10, 2002, at 08:50 PM, Tim Conkling wrote:
>
>> I have a brand new TiBook 800 MHz. I can't seem to get video working
>> (when I
>> try to run X, I get an error that 0:0 couldn't be opened or something).
>> Any
>> suggestions?
>>
>> Tim

That's what I've been doing. I can get it to run in 8-bit, but it looks
absolutely _horrible_. All the colors are screwed up and the screen is
impossible to see. The 'Book has a Radeon Mobility 7500 with 32 MB VRAM.
Should I be typing anything extra at the boot prompt (something along the
lines of linux video=radeon or something)?

Tim
--
Tim Conkling
Vaporware Software