Memory problems

Christian Gross yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 11 22:37:01 2002

THanks for your help.  Everything worked as stated (except you need
/sbin/mkswap, but that is a minor detail).  However it still did not solve
anything.  I already had a swap area and expanded it to about 600MB.  I am
wondering if there is something in the YDL 2.2 memory allocation or
something like that that is causing things not to work.  Meaning that this
a problem within the java runtime.

One quick question.  I would like to test a theory, but I was wondering how
to I stop X.  I keep trying to kill it and it just restarts.  I am thinking
that maybe X is taking too much memory and just see if java runs at
all.  What do I need to do?

Christian Gross