Samba on YDL 2.1

Chris Boot yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 12 13:08:01 2002

Hi all,

I've managed to figure out what was wrong, but I'm still wondering why.
After Apache started crashing with the same symptoms, I realized that it
must be something deeper within my system that's causing the trouble.  I
tried many different things, then went to downgrade my glibc down to the
2.2.1 that I installed the system with rather than the 2.2.4 that yup had
installed.  After that, everything works fine.

So I suppose the next question is why would this upgrade cause such
breakage?  I know that upgrading glibc on a running system is a bad idea,
but if so why was such an upgrade offered in yup?

--
Chris Boot
bootc@mac.com

"The keyboard is missing - Press any key to continue."