I can't install YDL2.2 on a Performa 6400

Agustin Palacios yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 13 19:23:01 2002

Hi.

I hava a

Performa 6400 PowerPC 603ev at 180Mhz
56 MB
HD 1.6G
MacOS 8

and I'am trying to install YDL2.2 but I've been having a problem:
during the package installation, it will hang about 2/3 of
the way through the "Transferring packages" part.  An error
dialog comes up and says "Error:  Errors running transaction
set!  Please correct this manually."  I click ok and get a
new dialog:  "Package install failed."

Is MacOS 8 the problem? Do I need MacOS 9 or MacOS X? Is the problem the
Drive Setup utility (it does not allow me to set a partition as unllocated)?
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Agustin