OT: Apple's New xServe - 1U Rackmount Server

Rob Brandt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 14 15:56:01 2002

There are still companies out there that are cautious of the open
source license, and the presence of IBM in that market won't change
that for now, although it may make some reconsider sooner.  A friend
of mine went to work for one this month.  Everything is commercial,
they are curious about open source, but by no means ready to deploy.
Too many licensing, support, and reliability questions that have to
be answered.  I do some db consulting for a Fortune 500, and the IT
guy had to get permission to use an open source tool I had available.
Change comes slow in the corporate world...

Rob