OT: Apple's New xServe - 1U Rackmount Server

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 14 20:33:01 2002

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 04:55 pm, Rob Brandt wrote:
>  I do some db consulting for a Fortune 500, and the IT
> guy had to get permission to use an open source tool I had available.
> Change comes slow in the corporate world...

Be that as it may, there is no other instituion in the world ( save,=20
hopefully, the US military) with a more mission critical (read not just m=
ere=20
millions, or even billions, but literally trillions of dollars in=20
transactions) DB driven set up any where, at any time - The New York Stoc=
k=20
Exchange quite literally moves the world's wealth thru it each and every=20
business day - now that's an Enterprise, and quite the coup for RH, let a=
lone=20
Linux in general. I just don't see anyone taking OSX 10.x seriously for=20
anything even remotely approaching that.=20

Note also, Europe being Europe (essentially anti-US) has also begun to lo=
ok at=20
Linux in a serious manner - as a means of moving away from MS/US dominanc=
e of=20
their own computers.
--=20
 Robert Brandtjen