OT: Apple's New xServe - 1U Rackmount Server

Rob Brandt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 14 22:06:01 2002

>Note also, Europe being Europe (essentially anti-US) has also begun to look at
>Linux in a serious manner - as a means of moving away from MS/US dominance of
>their own computers.
>--
>  Robert Brandtjen

Not so much anti-US; it's just that since MS isn't a European entity
they don't get the warm fuzzies about them that many US corporations
do.  In fact, you could make the argument that they get the warm
fuzzies about Linux because it's got Norwegian roots.  Personally I
think there's a lot more to it than that.  They are in it to make
profit too, and not play politics; fact is that Linux is cheaper,
more reliable, and more flexible than Windows is.  Linux is more
community oriented, as is Europe compared to the US.

Rob