printing, shared permissions, file compatibility

Oliver Neukum yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 15 13:17:10 2002

Am Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2002 21:21 schrieb Al Kirkus:
> I believe that you have a serial RS422 printer. I am not sure if you ca=
> make this work under Linux PPC or not. Either way it will not have any
> confifuration relative to network settings to get it to work. You need
> to have the serial port functioning if you wish to send data to it.

Serial printers are supported. You need the 'macserial' driver loaded.
The 'setserial' tool, which should be called somewhere during the
booting will allow you to set the port to the correct speed.

=09HTH
=09=09Oliver