problems with installing YD on a new G4 60gig drive

brad allison yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 15 13:22:01 2002

I just reinstalled again and got the same problem:

	fsck.ext2/dev/hda17:
	The superblock could not be read of does not describe a correct ext2
	filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
	filesystem (and not a swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock
	is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternative
	superblock:
	   e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

So I tried that command "e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/hda15" and I get "Bad magic
number in super-block while tring to open /dev/hda15".

This is right out of the box.....as in a fresh install on a new box.

Does YD have problems with large partitions sizes or something?

-b