Why - there was no answer to: network (devices) not available???...

Pat Plummer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 15 18:23:01 2002

Harald says:
__
yesterday I've downloaded and installed yd 2.2 on a G3-b&w. Strange: duri=
ng=20
the installation process the installer asked for informations to setup a=20
non-ppp-network, so there were 3 possibilities to choose: IP number for e=
thx=20
via i) static, ii) boot or iii) dhcp-information. I always use static=20
IP-adresses, but the installer told me that he could not find a dhcp-Serv=
er??=20
So there was no chance to manually associate the interface with the desir=
ed=20
IP-Adress... . Any ideas on how to solve the problem?
--
Harald:

It sounds like you have YDL 2.2 installed and want to know how to set up =
your=20
network interface. Just execute the Network Configuration item in your=20
KDE->System menu (or as root in a terminal, execute /usr/lib/yi/network.p=
y),=20
choose your interface and configure as needed. Be sure to select "static =
IP=20
address".=20

Alternatively, you can edit the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0=
 file=20
manually.=20

There used to be a great utility for this called netcfg, but it was remov=
ed=20
with 2.2.

Linuxconf is supplied with the release and I believe it is on the Tasty=20
Morsels CD that comes with the release, but do you really want to use it =
:) ?

Pat
--=20
Embrace the penguin...