IBM jdk needs kernel patch to fix floating stacks problem? LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

Christian Gross yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 19 06:27:01 2002

At 20:53 19/05/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>The problem appears to be this:
>
>(it's not just a YDL specfic problem):

Yeah, the Intel platform have the same issues...

>but from what I can work out, this doesn't work, so I guess the patch mustn't
>have been applied to YDL 2.2, and 2.1 must be using an older version of
>glibc?

Yupe and as such I have to use YDL 2.1 since that is the only thing that works.

>Do Blackdown normally not have a JIT included with their java distribution?
>Seems kind of a strange thing to do....

It does, but not for the PPC platform.  Or at least nothing that I could
find.  Most of the JIT projects are for the i386 platform.

Christian Gross