recommended video card for quicksilver box?

brad allison yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 16 16:04:01 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Timothy A. Seufert wrote:

> At 3:24 PM -0400 5/16/02, brad allison wrote:
> >Is there a recommened video card for the quicksilver boxes?
> >
> >The AGP slot is different from my old G3, so I can't just swap in my old
> >aty128 card which I know works... so what graphics card works with the new
> >G4's and YellowDog?
> >
> >Obviously not the nVidia cards they come with.
>
> Well first you kill all the meat-eaters, because obviously they are
> the source of all global economic problems...
>
> Oh wait, this is a Linux help list, not a place for silly overwrought
> political debates.  Sorry 'bout that.
>
> Anyhow, last I looked, if you buy either the low end 800 MHz QS or
> custom configure one of the faster ones in the Apple Store, you can
> get Apple's current low end card, the Radeon 7500.  I do not think
> that YDL fully supports this card yet, but as it is quite similar to
> the original Radeon it should gain equal support relatively quickly.
> (The Radeon 7500 is basically a process shrink of the original Radeon
> chip that runs at a higher clock rate.)

They need to update
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/powermac_g4.shtml
then:

	Radeon supported
	Nvidea (except for the GeForce3) supported

But I guess they do say "Unfortunately we do not support the 867 MHz
Quicksilver at this time."  at the top.

Mines a 930Mhz.

-b

--