Configuring ATI Mach64

Scott Alan Burch yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 17 09:50:01 2002

I have done quite a bit of searching [through these lists and Google] and
cannot find the definitive answer as to whether or not ATI Mach 64 GX with
4 MB VRAM is truly supported on YDL at 16- or 24- bits and resolutions
greater than 1024x768.

I have a Mac 9500 and YDL 2.2 installed. My XFree86 configuration is
working with fbdev as the driver, and only on 8 bit at 1024x768 aspect. I
am using fbdev because I wanted to get KDE up and running quickly, and it
seemed to be a good working default. I used the "setup" command as root and
tried the failsafe configuration, and it seemed to place the ati driver and
1024x768 aspect in the right spot, but it just didn't work.

I am certain my mode line can be tweaked also: does anyone have a properly
configured mode line for a 20" Apple MultiScan display? Currently, I have a
good picture but a large black stripe down the left side of the screen.

thanks  ##  scott