Apache PHP

Keary Suska yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 18 12:45:00 2002

on 5/17/02 7:41 PM, paulguba@comcast.net purportedly said:

> Thanks this puts me on the right track I find no  libphp4.so.  However
> no directoy libexec either.  With the YDL default install I find many
> modules installed in /usr/lib/apache.  When I rpm -ql apache as you
> requested it does not appear so I have to believe it not there.  I guess
> this mean a compile and install from .tar. Not sure I want to tackle
> this unless I can fine a good how to.  In the end I would like to use
> MYSQL with PHP so I imagine I would need to compile that module in also.

Although I side with those recommending a tarball install, as I always do,
if you have all the appropriate RPMs installed, there may be more work to
building all yourself than you may be willing to tackle.

$ rpm -qa | grep PHP

Will tell you all the PHP relate RPMs installed.

$ find / -name libphp4.so

Will tell you where the .so is, so you can provide a proper LoadModule line.
It should be as easy as that.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.