What is net-pf-16 module?

Alexander Holst yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 19 09:53:01 2002

Hi a'all,

What is net-pf-16 usually responsible?

I get the following message when network tries to start up:

[root@san-d root]# service network start
Setting network parameters: [ OK ]
Bringing up interface lo: [ OK ]
Cannot open netlink socket: Address family not supported by protocol

In the syslog file it mentiones something about module net-pf-16
missing. Using setup to set my networkparameters again [although the
appropriate files for eth0 exist and contain the propper values],
network comes up!

Strange, isn't it?

I am running a 2.4.5 kernel pathched for nubus on a default
Development/Workstation YDL 2.2 install. Funny enough, on the same
machine with the very same kernel, but YDL 2.1, everything worked fine.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Alex

Alexander Holst
Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences
<holst@fh-pforzheim.de>
ph: +49 [0]7231 28-6837
fx: +49 [0]7231 28-6040