netatalk/atalk

Paul Guba yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 19 08:19:01 2002

Well I spent an afternoon trying to figure out how to get my laserwriter and
Assantetalk bridge working.  Still haven't got that working yet.  However in
working on that I found another problem.  On my powerbook running YDL 2.2 I
tried to locate the printer using nbplkup and am returned cannot locate
network.  My server running 2.1 return the printer with some sort of address
or number.  Ok so I do ps -A|grep atalk* on the power book,  there are three
processes id associated with atalk two atalkd and one just atalk.  If I try
to kill by pid number say kill 909 two of the numbers are returned as
noexistant PID the third kills all three.  Back on the server that works only
one PID for atalkd they are running different version of netatalk.  The newer
version being on 2.2 of course.  Is this clearly a problem with this install
of netatalk?  Could someone out running 2.2 check and see if they are also
returned several PID for atalk.