where is pdisk? or is this what I need?

Pete Peters yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 20 09:49:01 2002

If you're still having problems downloading it, try using "ftp" as the logon
id, then your email address for the password.

AFAIK, pdisk on the MacOS works identically to the Unix version. It's
command line interface definitely confuses those only used to the MacOS gui.

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com]On Behalf
Of Patrick Smith
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 8:29 AM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: where is pdisk? or is this what I need?

Paul Cezanne wrote:
>>pdisk ought to do it.  Since you're trying to delete the Linux partition,
you probably want to run pdisk from MacOS.  See
http://www.cfcl.com/eryk/linux/pdisk/.

> Is there another place to download it from?  This web site works (and
appears to be the "official" site for pdisk), but the ftp link on this page
is broken.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that.  The ftp site works, but only in active
mode, not in passive mode.  Try using an ftp client instead of a browser.

Oh, and I should mention that I've never used the MacOS version of
pdisk.  I'd assume it works just as well as the Linux version, but have
no experience to back that up.
--
patsmith@pobox.com