Run a process at boot time as another user

Matthew 'Fringe' Duhan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 20 11:48:00 2002

Paul,
  Please reread my original message. Starting a "system wide thing that
happen at system boot up" is exactly what I'm looking to do, and NOT when a
user logs in/out. I want to run a background process as someone other than
root, to minimize the security risks.

Thanks,
Matt