Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()

Kimball Larsen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 23 15:59:01 2002

I had this same problem, and fixed it according to these instructions fro=
m=20
this list ages ago:

<snip>
 > The php build that comes with YDL 2.2 is broken.  In order to
 > make mysql work with it correctly, you will need to build your
 > own php.  In my case, I am going to go a step farther and build
 > my own mysql, apache, and php.

I had the same problem a couple of days ago and raised the question on=20
linuxppc-user list. The solution (which works) does not require a rebuild=
 of=20
php, rather all you need do is edit the /etc/php.ini file.

About 2/3 down this file are places to define

extension_dir and extension

Change these to

extension_dir /usr/lib/php4

extension mysql.so

You can also add the other extensions found in the same directory, if you=
 are=20
nee3ding to use them

extension imap.so
extension ldap.so
extension odbc.so
extension pgsql.so

That's it. Save the new file as /etc/php.ini and restart httpd

service httpd restart

And you now have a working apache+php+mysql
</snip>

Enjoy

-Kimball Larsen