Anti Aliasing in X11, and Voodoo3 kernel args

Shawn Dunn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 23 20:55:00 2002

Hey there all

Just installed a Voodoo3 3000 in my Performa 6360, and lo and behold, I can see 24bpp!  although my display won't allow me to see 1024x768 (guess that's the next upgrade)  It seems to be working fine in framebuffer mode, but I'm having trouble with a couple of things.

1) How do I turn on anti-aliasing in Ximian Gnome?   these ghosted characters are making me nuts.

2) Are the some kernel args I could be passing to BootX to enable Voodoo3 specific drivers (if such a thing exists at the kernel level)

and last but not least...

3)  What do I need to do in my X config to enable and accellerated X-server?   I know such a beast exists for the 3dfx cards but for the life of me, I haven't a clue how.  (always been a weenie and used fbdev on the motherboard video of all my old macs.)

This is the first time I've ventured into the realm of semi-performance video cards, so bear with me.  Amazing isn't it, been a computer user for almost 20 years, and this is the first video card I've ever bought  =]

				--Shawn