Compiling Xine?

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 23 21:22:01 2002

On Thu May 23 2002, Romeyn Prescott wrote:

> I have been trying to compile Xine from source so as to watch DVDs in Linux.
>
> I failed miserably at it in YDL 2.1.  Today I bit the bullet and
> zarched my / partition in order to install from scratch (could we
> please have am upgrade path for the next version?) YDL 2.2.  I
> thought I had read that Xine came as part of YDL 2.2, but I didn't
> see it.
>
> So I downlowded and compiled the source for Xine-lib 0.9.9.  I then
> try and 'configure' the Gnome gui interface and get this:

Either do:

	1.  Make sure /usr/local/lib (or /whatever/install/dir/lib)
	    is in your /etc/ld.so.conf file and then run ldconfig as
	    root after doing the "make install" for xine-lib, and
	    before starting the build for xine-ui.

or:

	2.  setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib	(for csh/tcsh)
	    (or /whatever/install/dir/lib)

	    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib	(for sh/bash)
	    (or /whatever/install/dir/lib)

	    This just needs to be done before the build of xine-ui.

> I've tried everything I know how to do, but I clearly don't know
> enough.  Is there an oh-so-handy RPM for 0.9.9 I could install?

xine 0.9.10 is supposed to be coming out this weekend.  I was going
to try building some xine PPC RPMs, but I'm not really sure where I
should contribute them to.  Does YDL have a contrib area?

						-Bill