update from LinuxPPC to YellowDog 2.2

Timothy A. Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 24 13:12:00 2002

At 9:00 AM -0400 5/24/02, Carter, Robert wrote:
>Is there a straight forward way to update to YellowDog 2.2 on a LinuxPPC
>system?
>
>I'd prefer to not blow away my existing partition.

It would be vastly more straightforward to blow it up and start over.  :)

If you were determined enough, you could probably find a way, but the
easiest way is just to archive your home directory(ies) onto a
suitable backup medium (I usually just tar them up and ftp them to
another computer), as well as anything else you want to save, and
then nuke & pave.

--
Tim Seufert