Rage 128 Pro video

Keary Suska yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 24 17:05:01 2002

on 5/24/02 2:27 PM, RCarter@netopia.com purportedly said:

> Is the ADC connection on a Rage 128 Pro supported?
>
> I get video only on initial boot.
>
> The second "normal" video port on the Rage 128 Pro works fine, but painfull
> to have two monitors.
>
> Very nice to now have a tripple boot machine with a boot loader!! Thanks
> YellowDog.

Mine does, using an Apple 17" Studio Display. I recall something to do with
the ADC in the YDL 2.1 info, but I think that applied to certain cards and
flat panel displays.

Getting the right video mode, however, is tricky. If video is no big deal
for you, boot linux with linux-novideo and everything will be fine, but
limited to 800x600 at 8 bit color. The only kernel parameters I could get to
work were for 1280x1024 (vmode 20, I think). I have some info on a custom
video mode for X that seems to work, but on my system it fouls up MOL. I
haven't tried to fix that yet.

I can forward that info on if you like, but be aware, custom modes could
damage your monitor.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.