Your System is Severely Misconfigured... how?

Jackie LaVaque yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 24 21:41:01 2002

Hi,

Well, I've got a weird little message that pops up when I'm booting up to
YDL 2.2... during the initial boot-up process (and sometimes again, if I
shut down the machine as alt-cntl-power button to reboot after something
gets stuck) I catch a message about my "system being severely
misconfigured", and I believe that it has something to do with the hostname
not being found. I'm not on a network, in fact I have no modem in my machine
presently, and I'm not sure what it means when it says my system is severely
misconfigured. I am new to this and so these error messages are still a bit
cryptic to me.

So, my next question is, how do I configure my hostname correctly? I
actually don't seem to be noticing any other problems when working with YDL
2.2... most of the time I'm working in KDE and I'm not getting any error
messages about system misconfiguration there.

Thanks for the clues.

Jackie