post install questions (gimp, xsane, etc)

Henry A. Leinhos yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 28 10:53:01 2002

>When I run the GIMP, I can't read jpegs (both libjpeg-6b-16 and
>libjpeg6a-6a-8
>are installed.
>
>Also, I have a microtek C6 USB scanner, and I can load the scanner and
>microtek kernel modules, but xsane can't find my scanner.  Does anyone
>know what else I have to do to use my USB scanner (the USB FAQ only says
>to load the two modules)

Ok, so the YDL 2.2 Update for gimp takes care of my first problem...

I finally got my Microtek scanner working by making a symlink from
/dev/scanner to /dev/sg0 (I don't have any scsi devices on my system, so
the usb scanner shows up as the first generic scsi device) and by