installing kde 3.0

Dan Burcaw yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 30 21:00:00 2002

Well, this would happen if you downloaded the rpms into like
your toplevel home directory.  I suggest making a 'kde3' directory
in your home directory; put all the kde3 rpms there.

Then, cd kde3/ ; rpm --replacefiles -ivh *

Or, you could try *.rpm instead of *
(what is happening for you is the * (wildcard) is picking up
a "filename" that is a directory and trying to install it as if
it were an rpm.  This isn't possible and thus rpm bombs)