usb-storage pbs

Aurčle Clemencin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 31 07:49:01 2002

Hi everybody
I contact in order to have some further informations concerning usb-storage module used in Yellowdog 2.2. Here is the thing: I am running the system with an old ppc 7300 upgrade. I have a PCI video card, ethernet and USB cards. I have a CD-RW freecom (recognised as TEAC W54E with MacOS) that I want to use. The problem is that the module cannot be loaded for an invalid  parameter parm_vendor. There seems to be indeed a problem since at boot the device vendor is 0x7ab but in usbview it is 0x07ab. Besides I have a scanner which works fine. At least it is not a problem with USB. As well, the IDE ATAPI host adapter seems OK as well in /proc/scsi/ide-scsi/0. If I insmod the module then I can as well have a message saying "freecom reset called" and the "usb-storage" is initializing permanently.
How can I resolve this knowing that I don't know any thing about kernel compilation and modification.

Aurele