Sonnet Temp ATA 100 & PM 8500

Michael Graham yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 4 13:18:01 2002

--Apple-Mail-4-151845439

Thanks for the insight. Actually, this solution will work. I've used
the 2.1 boot kernel to install 2.3, then will be compiling a new custom
2.4.19 kernel to replace it. That is what I'm currently running now . .
so I know that  the 2.4.19 kernel works fine with this hardware.
Terrasoft must have left a module or something out of the kernel that
is on the cd (both 2.2 & 2.3 cd's). Who knows why. I think I'll email
them questioning this. Once again, thanks for the insight!

Michael

> I had the same issue with a PM7600 and the Sonnet card.  It's a
> problem with
> the 2.3 boot kernel.  I never did get it working.  I did try to use
> the 2.1
> boot kernel with the 2.3 installer but had some errors so I just stuck
> with
> 2.1.
>
> On 10/28/02 9:43 PM, "Michael Graham" <mgraham@kiron-design.com> wrote:
>
>> When trying to do a new install,  my ide drive does not show up in the
>> partitioning section of the installer. When I originally installed 2.1
>> on this drive, I had the card and drive in a beige g3 and it worked
>> fine. Once I moved it over to the 8500 after the install, works fine,
>> boots right up.
>>
>> Now that I want to upgrade the drive and do a fresh install of 2.3
>> with
>> everything connected the same way it was in the beige g3 but now in
>> the
>> 8500, the drive will not show up. Is there something about the
>> architecture that is so different it won't work the same or does it
>> have something to do with the kernel on the install disk.
>>
>> I'm perplexed.
>>
>> michael
. . . .
Kiron Design Studio
Michael Graham | Creative Director
303.322.4192 | http://www.kiron-design.com

AIGA Colorado Partnership Chair
aigacolorado.org - aiga.org

--Apple-Mail-4-151845439

Thanks for the insight. Actually, this solution will work. I've used
the 2.1 boot kernel to install 2.3, then will be compiling a new
custom 2.4.19 kernel to replace it. That is what I'm currently running
now . . so I know that  the 2.4.19 kernel works fine with this
hardware. Terrasoft must have left a module or something out of the
kernel that is on the cd (both 2.2 & 2.3 cd's). Who knows why. I think
I'll email them questioning this. Once again, thanks for the insight!

Michael

<excerpt>I had the same issue with a PM7600 and the Sonnet card.  It's
a problem with

the 2.3 boot kernel.  I never did get it working.  I did try to use
the 2.1

boot kernel with the 2.3 installer but had some errors so I just stuck
with

2.1.

On 10/28/02 9:43 PM, "Michael Graham" <<mgraham@kiron-design.com>
<excerpt>When trying to do a new install,  my ide drive does not show
up in the

partitioning section of the installer. When I originally installed 2.1

on this drive, I had the card and drive in a beige g3 and it worked

fine. Once I moved it over to the 8500 after the install, works fine,

boots right up.

Now that I want to upgrade the drive and do a fresh install of 2.3 with

everything connected the same way it was in the beige g3 but now in the

8500, the drive will not show up. Is there something about the

architecture that is so different it won't work the same or does it

have something to do with the kernel on the install disk.

I'm perplexed.

michael

Kiron Design Studio

303.322.4192 | http://www.kiron-design.com</color>