GUI Editor?

Peter Bagnall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Nov 6 02:28:01 2002

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 03:04 AM, Christopher Murtagh wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Drew Lane wrote:
>> I'm looking for a GUI text editor which I can use
>> with YDL to edit scripts, java, html, etc.
>
>  Well, I use gvim for everything I do. It does colour coding, and it
> is a
> great text editor. It is likely already installed on your machine.

If someones recommending gvim then it's really only right to recommend
Xemacs! <tongue firmly in cheek>

Seriously though, both vi derivatives and emacs are excellent choices
if you can deal with the learning curve. Took me a long time to get
used to emacs but I can now work very very fast in it. I understand the
same is true for those in the "other" camp. :-) Xemacs has just about
enough GUI capability to qualify.

[no responsibility is taken for starting religious wars]

Pete