GUI Editor?

Michael Gertz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Nov 6 08:29:01 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 08:12:48AM -0700, Drew Lane wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> I'm really looking for a non console text editor
> that will run under X and KDE.
>
> On my win box, I use a program called EditPlus
> and I'm really looking for something similar to this.
>
> http://www.editplus.com/
>
> Drew

Well, again not to start religous wars, but emacs (I use old-school
GNU emacs) has syntaxtic highlighting and understands many different
programming/format languages very well. It also has good integration
with debuggers and other tools.

It is GUI, but it isn't an Apple Human Interface style GUI like
Windows is.  It may be a dinosaur, but it is king of the
dinosaurs. Definitely one of the most useful programs in the Unix
world.

--Mike