redhat/yellowdog - newbie???

Stephen Reiach yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Nov 6 10:30:01 2002

> 2) moving on...mol...i see that mol now supports osx, so how would i go
> about upgrading to the new version...the whole dependency issue boggles
> my mind.  how are they resolved, by hand?? is there an easier way....i
> would love to run osx on mol, but i need some direction.  once again,
> back to installing programs.  dependencies scare the hell out of me,
> don't know what they are, and how to deal with them when something says
> there is a dependency issue.

As for mol the upgrade is straight forward (Mostly). Just kinda lengthy.

1. Remove the old mol. As root:
	rpm -e mol mol-kmods

2. Download the lastest source rpms (src.rpm) from: http://www.maconlinux.org/download.html
	As root:
		rpm -rebuild  mol-0.9.65-1.src.rpm
		rpm -rebuild  mol-kmods-0.9.65-1.src.rpm

	Note. You have to have the kernel headers for your kernel installed. So, apt-get install kernel-headers-x.x.x

3. Install the new mol:
	rpm -Uvh /usr/src/rpm/RPMS/ppc/mol*

4. run molvconfig, edit /etc/mol/molrc.osx

5. As root 'rmmod mol' then 'insmod mol'

6. Run 'startmol --osx'

SR

SR