routes are killing me - how to?

William Carty yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Nov 6 21:18:01 2002

Listen - you're making this far more complicated than it really is.

Don't worry about routing - let the little linux elves take care of that for
you...

Install the distro...
Configure networking (assign the IP's & hostname)...
Configure your IPTABLES rules...

Then it will do *exactly* what you want it to do.  That's really all there
is to it (as if that isn't a gross oversimplification)... seriously.  Don't
get too worked up about the routing.

If things don't work you need to go back & check:

Your IPTABLES rules...
Your physical setup...
Routing...

Yes, with some tweaking Linux can act as a router with little or no
security.  I don't think that's what you want to do here.  Go ahead & setup
your firewall.  It will work.

Good luck.