Request: Working Radeon 7000 XF86Config-4

Jim Steed yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 7 11:19:01 2002

Hello,

I currently am having loads of trouble getting working video with my Radeon
7000 PCI card and a low-cost VGA monitor (with a Windtunnel Dual G4).  I've
tried kernel args radeon:dfp and radeon:1024x768-16@60 and a whole host of
variants of the radeon arg to no success.  The only arg that works at all is
radeon:ofonly, which gives me working X but so few colors that it isn't very
usable.

I've noticed that the "Device" section in the XF86Config-4 file I've been
generating looks bogus.  It seems generic, and the driver is listed as
"fbdev", which I doubt is correct.  If anyone has a working system that uses
a Radeon 7000 Mac Edition card (possibly even with a CRT monitor), would you
please post or send me directly a copy of your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file?

Thanks
jim steed
email: jim (at) gedae.com