Install on 8500

Carlos Randolph yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Nov 8 21:44:01 2002

I just purchased a used PM8550 (it's an 8500 on steroids)...

I downloaded and burned the YDL 2.3 images and I purchased a copy from a
local store as well.  I purchased it to support TerraSoft.   :)

The installation went fine on my machine but I did have some initial
problems.

1)  I was getting installation errors due to the battery being dead on the
machine and the clock being set to 1957, August 8th.

2)  I was having problems with partitions as well - especially if you have a
1 drive system.
If you do have a 1 drive system, I would suggest getting another smaller
drive for the MacOS and then using the larger one for YDL.

My system has two drives - a 2gb and a 10gb.  The 10gb is for YDL and the
2gb is for Mac OS 8.5.

Otherwise the installation went great for me.  I am configuring mine as a
server so I installed the Intranet/Internet server packages.  I do not have
the X11 environment on the machine either.

The system has just about 600mb of RAM (it's a server  :)  )

Hope this provides some help but at least it lets you know that it does work
on your type of machine.

CR