D-Link 802.11 Wireless Lan card on Powerbook

Neill Miller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 10 23:55:01 2002

--=.wUr65b204pe,:e

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:36:02 +1300
Bernard mentink <ebike@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> Now that I have a device, how do I get it up and running (or is it?)
> ifup doesn't see it as a device, and here is the result from
> ifconfig:
>
> wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00
>           BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>           RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:0
>           RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

Are any lights on?  My Orinoco card has two lights, one goes on when
it's detected, the other blinks when the device is configured and
sending and receiving data.

Try 'dhcpcd wlan0' if your wireless provider offers DHCP access.  Let me
know if that works.

Best regards,
-Neill.

--