D-Link 802.11 Wireless Lan card on Powerbook

Bernard mentink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 11 23:26:01 2002

I just have one light, and it glows continuous. The card beeps two beeps
the same pitch, so it looks ok.
I don't know why I don't get a HWaddr though in ifconfig.
dhcpcd does not make a difference.

Of interest is what is returned by ifup:

[root@localhost pcmcia]# /sbin/ifup wlan0
/sbin/ifup: configuration for wlan0 not found.
Usage: ifup <device name>
[root@localhost pcmcia]#

I wish I knew what configuration the message refered to....

Cheers,
Bernie