install: "sorry, no cd/dvd drive was found on your computer!"

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 11 08:15:01 2002

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 07:51:51PM -0500, Jamie McClelland wrote:
> Hi all --
>
> I have an iMac I purchased new last Spring (700 mghz, version 2.1). The
> only modification I've made is to increase the amount of RAM (to 640 MB).
>
> I dowloaded Yellow Dog 2.3, burned the ISO to a disk and booted from the
> CD. Yaboot comes up without a hitch.
>
> Then, I choose install-gui. First - I don't get the gui install, I get
> the text install. Not a big deal. However, when I get to the part about
> choosing the install medium (which only gives one option - DVD/CD), I
> get the error message "Sorry, no CD/DVD drive was found in your computer."
>
> I've tried every install option, including default and custom, the 2.2
> kernel, text and gui mode and always get the same message.
>
> Any ideas??

Try typing in:
	install-gui hdb=ide-scsi

Here's a link to a message I posted about my install earlier this summer:

http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2002-July/003255.html

HTH

-ken