7200 = Sound of Silence

Patrick Smith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 11 09:39:01 2002

Craig Geiger wrote:
> Gotcha.  Installed, set volumes, still nothing.  I have no idea what else
> could be wrong.  Anyone got any ideas of why I get no sound?  Is there a
> default kind of test (beep type thing)?

In your earlier message, you mentioned /dev/audio.  Do you also have a
/dev/dsp?  If so, try catting a sound file into it.

Another test: does 'printf \\a' make a beep?

Failing that, I don't know... unless you want to look into the kernel
sources and maybe insert printk's to help you debug this.  Maybe you
could try to check you have the right sound driver for a 7200
installed... though I assume YellowDog would.
--
patsmith@pobox.com